- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Pfc. Norman Darling
Died April 29, 2004 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
29, of Middleboro, Mass.; assigned to 4th Battalion, 27th Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Armored Division, Baumholder, Germany; one of eight soldiers killed April 29 by a car bomb as his unit was doing a dismounted improvised-explosive device-sweep in Baghdad.
Darling grew up in Middleboro, Mass., and joined the Army in January 2003.
He is survived by his wife, Kimberly, his daughter, Camryn, and his parents, Sidney and Madlyn Darling.