- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Spc. Cedric L. Lennon
Died June 24, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
32, of West Blocton, Ala.; assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Polk, La.; died June 24 in Baghdad, Iraq, from a non-combat-related cause.
Cedric L. Lennon had lived with his grandmother at the end of a rural gravel road just outside West Blocton, Ala. He was deployed from Fort Polk to Iraq in March.
— Associated Press