- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Staff Sgt. Brett J. Petriken
Died May 26, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
30, of Flint, Mich.; assigned to the 501st Military Police Company, Wiesbaden, Germany; killed in a vehicle accident in Samawah, Iraq, May 26.
Petriken and another soldier were escorting a convoy in a Humvee when a heavy equipment transporter crossed the median and struck their vehicle.
Brett Petriken joined the Army in 1991. He was killed May 26 — a day before his 31st birthday — in a vehicle accident involving his Humvee, which was leading a convoy.
Petriken leaves behind an 8-year-old daughter.