- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Spc. William A. Jeffries
Died March 31, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
39, of Evansville, Ind.; assigned to D Company, 1st Battalion, 152nd Infantry Regiment, Indiana Army National Guard; evacuated from Kuwait to Rota, Spain, where he died as a result of a sudden illness.
Spc. William A. Jeffries graduated from Evansville (Ind.) Reitz High School in 1982, was married and spent a decade with the Air Force before joining the Indiana National Guard.
His family said a military official told them he suffered a blood clot in his lung and acute pancreatitis. He died March 31 at a hospital in Spain after falling ill in Kuwait.
— The Associated Press