- NATO Kosovo Force
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Pfc. Corey L. Small
Died July 2, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
20, of East Berlin, Pa.; attached to the 502nd Military Intelligence Company, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Polk, La.; died from a non-combat related cause July 2 in Iraq.
* * * * *
Corey L. Small’s mother had reservations when he talked about joining the Army after high school. But that didn’t stop him.
“He said, ‘I’m an American and my friends are joining, so I’m joining,’” said family friend Ken Morgan. Small was stationed at Fort Polk, La. He is survived by his wife and 3-year-old son.
— Associated Press