- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Spc. Alun R. Howells
Died August 13, 2007 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
20, of Parlin, Colo.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.; died Aug. 13 in Baghdad of wounds sustained from enemy direct fire.
Colorado soldier dies from enemy fire in Iraq
The Associated Press
DENVER — A 20-year-old soldier from Parlin in southwest Colorado has died of wounds he suffered from enemy fire in Iraq.
The Defense Department said Specialist Alun R. Howells died Monday in Baghdad.
He was assigned to the First Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, Second Brigade Combat Team, Third Infantry Division at Fort Stewart, Georgia.
Parlin is 12 miles east of Gunnison and 120 miles southwest of Denver.