- NATO Kosovo Force
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Octave Shield
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- Task Force Sinai
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Spc. Jamaal R. Addison
Died March 23, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
22, of Roswell, Ga.; assigned to the 507th Maintenance Company, Fort Bliss, Texas; killed in an ambush near Nasiriyah, Iraq.
Army Spc. Jamaal R. Addison was described by his step-grandmother as the family’s computer guru.
“He was just a mild-mannered, quiet child,” Jackie Roberts told WGST radio in Atlanta. “Before he enlisted, he was in Bible study every Wednesday night.”
He was deployed to Iraq just after his wedding. He and his wife, Tek’la, had a 2-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter.
— Associated Press