- NATO Kosovo Force
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Spc. John K. Klinesmith Jr.
Died June 12, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
25, of Stockbridge, Ga.; was assigned to Company C, 2nd Battalion, 14th Infantry Regiment, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; died June 12 in Fallujah, Iraq. Klinesmith was last seen wading in the lake on the palace compound in Fallujah on June 12. A search was launched and Klinesmith’s body was discovered at the lake.
Spc. John K. Klinesmith was last seen June 12 wading in a lake in Fallujah. Searchers found his clothes and gear on the lake shore and recovered his body the next day. He was stationed at Fort Drum.
Survivors include his mother, Domenica Columbus, of Carriere, Miss. He joined the Army in 1999.
— Associated Press