- NATO Kosovo Force
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Octave Shield
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- Task Force Sinai
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Army Staff Sgt. Jeffrey F. Dayton
Died April 29, 2004 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
27, of Caledonia, Miss.; assigned to 4th Battalion, 27th Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Armored Division, Baumholder, Germany; one of eight soldiers killed April 29 by a car bomb as his unit was doing a dismounted improvised-explosive device-sweep in Baghdad.
Jeffrey Dayton grew up in Caledonia, Miss., and joined the Army in February 1998.
He is survived by his wife, Helen, his brothers John, Jim and Joe Galbraith, and Jay and Jeremy Dayton, his sister, Joanna Gilford, and his parents, James and Sheila Dayton.