Honoring those who fought and died in Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn
- NATO Kosovo Force
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Search Our Database
Marine Cpl. Richard A. Rivera Jr.
Died August 10, 2012 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom
20, of Ventura, Calif.; assigned to Headquarters Company, 3rd Marines, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii; while deployed, he was attached to 3rd Battalion, 8th Marines, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died Aug. 10 in Garmsir, Afghanistan, after being shot by an Afghan civilian. Also killed were Marine Staff Sgt. Scott E. Dickinson, 29, of San Diego and Marine Lance Cpl. Gregory T. Buckley, 21, of Oceanside, N.Y.