- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Freedom’s Sentinel
- Operation Inherent Resolve
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation New Dawn
- Operation Odyssey Lightning
- Operation Spartan Shield
- U.S. Africa Command Operations
- U.S. Central Command operations
- The People Behind The Sacrifice
Marine Pfc. Tamario D. Burkett
Died March 23, 2003 Serving During Operation Iraqi Freedom
21, of Erie, N.Y.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; killed in action near Nasiriyah March 23. He was listed as missing until April 13, when the Defense Department announced his remains had been identified.
Pfc. Tamario Burkett was the oldest of seven children. His family said he was a poet, an artist and a big brother. His letters home included special notes for each of his younger siblings, ages 1 to 18.
— Associated Press